What services does Harvest to Market offer, and what are our fees?
Order ahead of time and ensure your produce will be there waiting for you!
There is no cost to join Harvest to Market as a buyer. Simply return to the home page and find your local market. Register, login, and you're ready to purchase fresh local produce!
Online Ordering Website for Farmers and Markets
Harvest to Market's mission is to help empower farmers to be fairly compensated for their efforts and for the value they add to the quality of our lives.
We recognize the fact that unless farmers are fairly compensated the benefits to the community of local food production and farm land conservation are simply unsustainable.
In empowering farmers to participate in online sales it is Harvest to Market's guarantee to not be a drain on farm income, but rather a means to help increase farm product values and overall sales. However, just as with farming, Harvest to Market's efforts to build and maintain the website are also unsustainable without being fairly compensated.
After surveying many buyers and farmers we believe that striving for the following would be fair to both farmers and Harvest to Market.
- Farmers only contribute to Harvest to Market to the extent that the website is enabling farmers to increase farm product values or overall farm product sales.
- Harvest to Market is asking for a flat rate contribution of 15 cents* per sale that any farmer conducts through the website.
* Harvest to Market needs to be sustainable. 15 cents may not be sufficient to enable us to be sustainable in which case we will need to raise the fee accordingly.
- To enable vendors to try out online sales Harvest to Market will waive the 15 cent fee for the first 25 transactions which a vendor conducts through the website.
- To the extent that a farmer uses PayPal payment processing the farmer will pay the PayPal processing fees.
- This fee structure results in larger farmers paying a fair share of the costs in proportion to their sales and at the same time allows smaller farmers to participate in online sales at a very minimal cost.
- There is no fee for a buyer to purchase from the website.
- There is no fee to set up a market on the website.
- There is no fee for a vendor to list products and set up a vendor webpage.
- There is no hosting fee.
As Harvest to Market launches its online sales website we will maintain complete flexibility with each market and vendor as to the fees. If this fee structure does not work for you please contact us.
Click on "Register" to become an online vendor or start your own online market.