Happy verge-of-summer, everyone,
July 1st marks the beginning of our new fiscal year. We are preparing to make the next year a big one. What’s new, you ask? Among other things:
• Combining Friday deliveries into Thursday. Our Thursday and Friday deliveries will now be just Thursday deliveries. This change starts next week on Thursday, June 23. The order deadline for Thursday deliveries will be Wednesday at 8am. Orchard Hill Breadworks orders need to be in by Tuesday at 8am.
• New full-time food hub manager, Alex McCullough. Alex has been working behind the scenes of WFF and Monadnock Menus for the last couple months. Expect to hear more from him in the next fiscal year, as we work to increase sales, add new buyers and vendors, improve delivery reliability and customer service, and refine our big-picture vision for food hubs in southern VT.
Help WFF Grow!
For a long time WFF has been lucky to work with committed and excited chefs, farmers, and food producers. It is in large part thanks to you (you know who you are) that WFF has grown into the regional presence it is today.
However, WFF’s growth curve has started to flatten, even though we know we have untapped markets in the area.
It’s time for us to inject some new energy into Windham County local food sales! We are committed to spending more time than ever reaching out to potential buyers – both to chefs who have never heard of WFF or worked with us before, and to those who have ordered from us in the past.
We also will look for ways to add more selection and new, interesting products to our inventory.
What does this mean for you? You can help, too, by telling your friends about Windham Farm & Food! “What if my friend isn’t a chef or farmer?”, you ask. Are they parents of kids in the school system? Do they eat at local restaurants? Do they look for local products at the grocery store? If the answer to any of the above questions is Yes, then they can help, too, by asking for more local products – local products that WFF can provide.
If you want to learn more about what you can do to get the word out about WFF, call or email Alex at 802-451-0555 / [email protected]
We have new items coming online every week, now, as growers list their first veggies coming out of the field.
First off, strawberries. Go straight to the strawberry section to see our selection from Dutton Berry Farm, Harlow farm, and Wild Carrot Farm.
Let’s welcome back Wild Carrot Farm, based in Brattleboro! Jesse and Caitlin are selling organic-fed, free-range broiler chickens, no-spray strawberries, and a wide variety of veggies, including:
We’re also excited to announce:
- Heirloom tomatoes (Organic, 1st and 2nd quality) – Old Athens Farm
- Mint-chocolate chip yogurt (seasonal special) – Commonwealth Dairy
- Bunched beets (Organic)– Old Athens Farm
In Other News
Harvest of the Month
June's Harvest of the Month is Herbs! Check out the HOM website for recipes, activities, and lots more information, and see our Herb inventory for local cilantro, parsley, and rosemary -- and hopefully more to come!
Until next time!
-- Alex, Hannah, and Tracy